Mummy Berry Infection Alert!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

This update is to report that there was a precipitation event on Monday evening and night that was a high risk for mummy berry infection!  If you had a spray on within a week to 10 days before this event you were likely protected.  If you did not, you can still protect your fields from the infection by application of a fungicide with back-action capability within 72 hours of the beginning of the event.  The beginning of the wetting period at the site on Brooklyn Street here in Kings County was recorded at 8 p.m. so growers in this area of Kings County would have until 8 p.m. on Thursday May 5thto apply a control for back-action protection.

The weather forecast for Kings County is calling for 20-30 mm of rainfall Wednesday night and Thursday so a spray for back action control should be made today while an application window is available.  This spray will protect against the infection period Monday night as well as the one forecast for tonight and tomorrow.